Give Input on Proposed Budget and Fare Policy Changes4/20/2017 11:41 AM |
From May 1 through May 9, 2017, VTA will hold five public meetings regarding Fiscal Years 2018 and 2019 Proposed Budget and Proposed Fare Policy Changes.
The purpose of the meetings will be to obtain public input about the proposals.
VTA’s Proposed Fare Policy changes include:
- A 25% base fare increase phased over two years. For example, the Adult Single Ride fare would increase from $2.00, to $2.25 on January 1, 2018, then to $2.50 on January 1, 2019. All associated fares would increase proportionately with the exception of paratransit fares which would remain unchanged.
- The Community Bus Fare type to be eliminated effective January 1, 2018.
- Single Ride fares on Clipper® valid for up to 90 minutes of VTA travel system wide allowing for free VTA-to-VTA transfers.
- Additional discounts on Youth fares.
- Eco Pass Program proposed changes include splitting the program into three institutional categories and proposing categorical price increases phased in over two years.
View the Proposed Budget and Fare Policy Changes.
A written copy can be obtained by contacting VTA Customer Service (see below). If you require special accommodations to participate in the meetings, please contact VTA (see below) at least five days in advance of the meetings.
Comments are Welcomecustomer.email@example.com
TTY only: (408) 321-2330
Public MeetingsMonday, May 1 at 6:00 p.m.
Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center
17000 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill
This location is served by Bus Line 68.
Tuesday, May 2 at 3:00 p.m.
County of Santa Clara, Board of Supervisors’ Chambers
70 West Hedding Street, San Jose
This location is served by VTA Light Rail and Bus Lines 61, 62, 66 and 181.
Tuesday, May 2 at 6:00 p.m.
City of Sunnyvale, Community Room
550 E. Remington Drive, Sunnyvale
This location is served by VTA Bus Lines 22, 55 and 522.
Monday, May 8 at 6:00 p.m.
Mountain View City Hall, Council Chambers
500 Castro Street, Mountain View
This location is served by VTA Light Rail and Bus Lines 22, 35, 52, 81 and 522.
Tuesday, May 9 at 6:00 p.m.
Mexican Heritage Plaza
1700 Alum Rock Avenue, San Jose
This location is served by VTA Bus Lines 22, 23, 77 and 522.