National Get on Board Day4/22/2019 9:05 AM |
Mark your calendars for Thursday, April 25 as we celebrate National Get on Board Day, with free rides on VTA bus and light rail!
Join us in celebrating, advocating and creating awareness of the many ways public transportation changes our communities and the lives of the people who live here. Let’s talk up transit!
Here’s how VTA works for you!
Transit App & EZfare
- The EZfare mobile fare app and the Transit trip planning and real-time information app put VTA literally at your fingertips right from your smart phone.
- Employers, colleges and universities and high-density housing communities can purchase annual transit passes for all members at discounted rates.
Building BART to San Jose
- You will soon be able to take VTA and connect to BART at Milpitas and Berryessa.
New Transit Service Plan
- VTA is redesigning its entire network to provide more frequent service to routes that are in very high demand, so you can catch a bus or train every 15 minutes.
Light rail really works along the Tasman and First Street Corridor
- If you live/work along the First Street and Tasman Corridor, light rail is an ideal solution for you because during rush hour (yikes!) you can roll on by the traffic.
Working together with all kinds of transportation options
- We don’t operate in a bubble. Our goal is to reduce congestion. So, scooters, rideshare, bike share, walking, tele-commuting and car pools are all good options to reduce solo driving.
We look at congestion holistically
- Yes, we look at everything from express lanes, bike lanes, re-imagining highway interchanges…all to find solutions that move you.