VTA Seeking Applicants for its 2016 Measure B Citizens’ Oversight Committee3/3/2017 5:33 PM |
VTA is beginning the public process of recruiting applicants for its 2016 Measure B Citizens’ Oversight Committee. VTA is actively seeking individuals who bring important relevant experience to the 8-member committee.
In November 2016, Santa Clara County voters overwhelmingly approved Measure B that enacted a thirty year ½ cent sales tax for transit and transportation improvements. The ballot measure specified that the revenues and expenditures would be reviewed by an independent citizens’ oversight committee appointed by VTA.
To be eligible for the 2016 Measure B Citizens’ Oversight Committee, members must be citizens of Santa Clara County and eligible to vote. The committee should include members with the following experience:
- A retired federal or state judge or administrative law judge or an individual with experience as a mediator or arbitrator.
- A professional from the field of municipal/public finance with a minimum of four years relevant experience.
- A professional with a minimum of four years of experience in management and administration of financial policies, performance measurement and reviews.
- A professional with demonstrated experience of four years or more in the management of large scale construction projects.
- A regional community organization representative with at least one year of decision making experience.
- A regional business organization representative with at least one year of decision making experience.
- A professional with four years of experience in organized labor.
- A professional with a minimum of four years of experience in educational administration at the high school or college level.
The applicant submission deadline is Friday, April 21, 2017. Those interested in applying can do so online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016MeasureBApplication. Hard copies of the application are available by requests only.
VTA will be reviewing applicant submissions throughout May and a staff recommendation will be made to the VTA Board of Directors in June. The first meeting of the 2016 Measure B Citizens’ Oversight Committee is scheduled in September.