Benefits at VTA - Dependent EligibilityEligible dependents covered under employee health plans are:
- Legal spouse or registered domestic partner;
- Dependent children, stepchildren, or registered domestic partner's children, up to age 26 for medical and dental coverage;
- A disabled child above age 26 who meets the disabled child requirements of the health plans;
- ATU: dependent children age 19-24 are eligible for vision coverage if they are a verified full-time student;
- TAEA/SEIU/AFSCME/Non-Represented: dependent children up to age 26 are eligible for vision coverage. Student status not required;
- Medical insurance coverage administered and provided by CalPERS Medical.
Ineligible dependents must be dropped from coverage within 60 days of a divorce, legal separation or dissolution of registered domestic partnership; or when an overage dependent is no longer eligible. Employees failing to drop ineligible dependents will be held liable for repayment of health premiums and reimbursement for medical expenses.