Take a “Daycation” on us!
VTA has received a New Freedom grant to provide Mobility Options to seniors and individuals with disabilities. The “Daycation” program is designed to provide travel training to small groups so that they become comfortable enough with VTA bus and Light Rail service to start using it for their travel needs.
The program has three main components; a training session in which we teach participants how to use VTA service, an escorted trip in which we use the bus and or light rail to get to a local destination such as museum, mall or restaurant and a non-escorted trip in which the group uses VTA on their own for the return trip.
Features & Benefits
- A FREE round trip to the destination of the group’s choice within VTA’s service area. (bus and/or light rail)
- Sign up for a senior clipper card and get fares half price!
- Training on how to use VTA service including, fare options, safety tips, trip planning, etc. will be provided by a VTA Representative during the presentation and the escorted portion of the trip
- Travel groups must be between 5 and 10 participants and able to fit on one regular service bus
- Trip request must be received at least three weeks in advance and scheduled between Tuesday and Friday during normal business hours
- All participants must be able to use VTA bus and light rail service, including being able to travel to/from bus stops, board bus/light rail, use fare box, etc.
- Participants must provide their name, address and/or email for a follow up survey
To schedule a “Daycation”, please call 408-321-2300, TTY 408-321-2330 or go to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus Bridge due to Rail Construction at Tasman and Old Ironsides: Day and night work, January 27-28, 2018
Reroute of Downtown San Jose Lines: due to Women's March 1/20
Temporary Bus Stop Closure on Santa Clara Street at 7th: Bus stop at Santa Clara & 7th Street to be closed temporarily for construction.
Road Lane Closures on E Brokaw Rd. at N First Street, January 16-22, 2018: E Brokaw Rd. Rail Repair and Lane Closures at N First Street, Day and Night from January 16-22, 2018