What is Eco Pass?
Eco Pass is a less stressful way for Santa Clara County employees and residents to commute. Eco Passes are purchased by employers, universities, private colleges, to give their employees and/or students unlimited rides on VTA Bus, Light Rail and Express Bus service seven days a week. Eco Pass is deeply discounted below the standard cost of passes; making it an attractive, low-cost benefit or amenity.
2015 Eco Pass ProgramIn 2015, all companies and residential Eco Pass participants will be transitioned to the Clipper card. With your Eco Pass Clipper card you have the ability to add other passes and fare from other Bay Area agencies onto one convenient card. Please contact your Eco Pass coordinator for details regarding issuance of new cards and details regarding the new program.
Employer Eco Pass
Whether your employer has five or 50,000 employees, Eco Pass can make a difference. Eco Pass provides employers of all sizes with a way to offer an attractive, low-cost employee benefit and to lessen the demand for on-site parking.
Employers purchase annual Eco Passes for all full-time employees at a given worksite, paying one low cost. Pricing levels - which are based on proximity to VTA services and your number of employees - are just a fraction of the cost of standard monthly passes.
Beginning January 1, 2014, Eco Pass will be loaded onto Clipper cards. A Clipper card is a reloadable, contactless smart card that you can use to pay for transit on VTA and other major Bay Area transit agencies. Your employees only need to tag their Clipper cards on card readers, and the entire VTA fleet is at their service.
Benefits for employers include:
- Low cost, tax-deductible, employee benefit
- Employees arrive at work less stressed
- Reduced demand for on-site parking
- Less traffic congestion and air pollution
Residential Eco Pass
It's fast. It's cheap. It's easy. It's legal. Now all residents in a residential community can get their hands on Eco Pass.
Beginning January 1, 2014, Residential Eco Passes will be loaded onto Clipper cards that will provide residents with unlimited rides on VTA Bus and Light Rail seven days a week. The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) sells Eco Pass at a deep discount to housing developments like condominiums, apartments and townhouses.
It's the kind of benefit and convenience that will make you glad you live where you live.
To Get Started
- Send an email to the VTA Eco Pass Program at email@example.com. Or call (408) 321-7519, TDD only at (408) 321-2330.
- Decide when you want to start. Most employers begin at the first of the month and run through the remainder of the calendar year. The annual rate is prorated if you join midyear. Eco Passes are renewed on an annual basis.
- Get VTA's personalized assistance for your company's Eco Pass kickoff, including route and schedule information helpful to employees.
|Eco Pass Coordinator Forms||FAQ||Partners|