You’ve probably spotted some of the 4,000+ VTA bus stops in and around your neighborhood. These stops provide a safe and comfortable location for bus riders as they wait for their ride and are pivotal parts of the community, but require regular maintenance.
With your assistance, we can all help keep our community clean. We welcome individuals, families, companies, civic groups, schools, church groups, and youth groups interested in becoming part of the Adopt-A-Stop program. Everyone benefits from this environmentally conscious program – residents, property owners, businesses, visitors, and transit riders.
Adopt-A-Stop volunteers agree to keep their designated bus stop clean. This involves:
- Keeping the bus stop area free of debris and clutter
- Reporting damage to bus stop fixtures
- Informing VTA of graffiti or other concerns
- Adoption sign at the bus stop recognizing you as a volunteer.
- A clean neighborhood for all to enjoy!
How to Adopt-A-Stop:
- Complete the Adopt-A-Stop Program form
- Submit completed form at apps.vta.org/adoptastop/ for consideration.
You may choose the stop you want to adopt; just make sure it doesn’t already have an adoption sign on the top! Let us know the location(s) and Bus Stop ID number(s) of your preferred bus stop(s) on the form. You can find the Bus Stop ID number at the bottom of the bus stop sign.
- Please keep in mind that stops located at Transit Centers and/or Light Rail Stations are not available for adoption.
- If your requested stop is available, VTA will send you an Adoptee Agreement to sign and return.
- Get started!
You may terminate the commitment by simply sending us an email or letter asking to be released.
To report graffiti or damage to any bus stop signs, benches or shelters, call VTA’s Bus Stop Hotline at (408) 321-5800 or call Customer Service at (408) 321-2300. For more information about the Adopt-A-Stop Program, email email@example.com.
Light Rail and Bus Service Impacts: Due to light rail track repair February 16-19, 2018
VTA Will Operate On a Regular Weekday Schedule: on Monday, February 19
Bus Stop Repair Eastbound El Camino at Remington Drive: Temporary Bus Stop Closure/Relocation due to Construction
Bus Stop Closure on Santa Clara Street at 5th Street: Bus stop at Santa Clara & 5th Street to be closed temporarily for construction.