All Community Bus Routes will become Local routes charging regular fare. This affects Lines 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 32, 34, 37, 39, 42, 45, 48, 49, 65 and 88.
Light Rail (901 Santa Teresa – Alum Rock) - Minor running time adjustments will be made on weekdays and weekends.
Light Rail (902 Winchester – Mountain View) - Weekday midday service will be improved to operate every 15 minutes over the entire line. Other minor running time adjustments will be made on weekdays and weekends.
- Weekday: midday service frequency will be improved from every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes. Evening service will be improved to operate every 20 minutes from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., after which service will operate hourly until midnight.
- Saturday: service frequency will be improved from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., after which service will operate hourly until midnight.
- Sunday: service frequency will be improved from every 45 minutes to every 30 minutes from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., after which service will operate hourly until 11:00 p.m.
Lines 120, 140, 180 & 181- The schedules for these lines will be adjusted in January in anticipation of a BART schedule change that will become effective on February 12, 2018. For Line 181, there will also be weekend schedule adjustments.
Line 185- There will be a minor routing change in the afternoon, and the Middlefield Light Rail Station timepoint will be moved to Middlefield & Logue on p.m. trips. Major schedule changes will be made in both the a.m. and p.m. to improve on-time performance.
- Weekdays: service frequency before 6:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m. will be improved from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes, and service will be extended to 11:00 p.m.
- Weekends, service hours will be extended to start at 6:00 a.m. and end at 11:00 p.m. on Saturdays and 10:00 p.m. Sundays The service frequency before 7:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m. will be improved from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes.
On January 1st, new schedules can be found on board VTA buses and light rail as well as:
- VTA Downtown Customer Service Center, located at 55A. West Santa Clara Street, San Jose.
The hours are Mon. - Fri., 9 am to 6 pm
- VTA Marketing and Customer Service, located at 3331 N. First Street at River Oaks, San Jose. The location is in the lobby of Building B.
The hours are Mon. - Fri., 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Email us at email@example.com to have them mailed to you.
For more information, please contact VTA Customer Service at (408) 321-2300, TTY (408) 321-2330
Reroute of line 68: in Gilroy due construction 6/18 - 6/27
Temporary Bus Stop Closure: for line 66 in Milpitas 6/18 - 8/27
Light Rail Service Disruption: June 22-23, Bus Bridge for 901 & 902, north & southbound between Karina and Santa Clara stations.
Cottle Parking Lot Closed for Repaving: No Parking at the Cottle Light Rail Station June 22, 23, and 29.