The Programming & Grants section is part of VTA’s Congestion Management Agency (CMA) and is charged with Congestion Management countywide fund programming and administration functions for Federal and State transportation grant recipients.
The Programming and Grant's section's responsibilities include:
- Carrying out VTA’s legally mandated Congestion Management Agency (CMA) responsibilities for programming and monitoring certain Federal, State and Local grant funds.
- Assuring that VTA maintains its own eligibility as a transportation agency for State and Federal grant funds.
- Submitting the annual State and Federal Grant requests that fund the majority of VTA’s non‐Measure A Capital program and up to 25% of its annual operating budget.
The Programming and Grants section contributes to VTA's organizational success by:
- Positioning the agency as a key player and partner in regional transportation funding, resulting in enhanced visibility and influence.
- Developing and recommending funding strategies for VTA’s long‐range and short‐range service initiatives.
- Assuring that VTA obtains the grant funding to which it is entitled.