I-280 Corridor Study
The purpose of the study is to develop a strategic plan for the 22-mile portion of I-280 corridor located in Santa Clara County. The study limits extend from the US 101/I-280/ I-680 interchange in San Jose to the San Mateo County line near Palo Alto.
View the results of the 280 Survey!
ObjectivesThrough a collaborative effort with the general public, local, regional and state stakeholders, the study will identify transportation improvements projects for funding and implementation along the corridor that promote mobility and connectivity, enhance safety and security, address pedestrian and bicycle issues, support economic vitality and sustainability, and are sensitive to the environment and community values.
|Project Initiation||Spring 2016|
|Corridor Study Report||Summer 2017|
|VTA Local Funds Reserve||$250,000|
|City of Cupertino||$500,000|
- Highway improvements (e.g. interchange spacing, congestion relief, express lanes, etc.)
- Bicycle and pedestrian improvements (e.g. access, cross connectivity, safety)
- Transit service improvements (e.g. VTA light rail and bus services)
- Local roadway improvements (e.g. cross connectivity, etc.)
- Noise abatement (e.g. sound walls)
Fact SheetsEnglish | Spanish | Vietnamese | Chinese | Korean | Tagalog
VTA Community Outreach
Phone: (408) 321-7575
TTY Only: (408) 321-2330