Real EstateVTA’s Real Estate & Joint Development Department is responsible for acquisition, development, value creation, and management of VTA’s real estate assets through the following units and initiatives:
- Advertising manages advertising on the VTA fleet including buses and light rail trains; transit centers, station platforms, and bus shelters; sponsorships and naming rights; and innovative digital media.
- Asset Management oversees short- and long-term licenses and leases for use of VTA parking facilities and other properties, including telecommunications and all other uses.
- Capital Projects acquires real estate interests for VTA capital projects pursuant to federal and State laws, including negotiated purchases and eminent domain actions as needed.
- Construction Access Permits (CAP) processes and issues permits for third party construction projects that affect VTA property or are within 10 feet of light rail lines.
- Current Opportunities lists current Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and properties available for licenses, leases and joint development.
- Joint Development / Transit-Oriented Development negotiates long-term public-private partnerships for mixed-use and mixed-income transit-oriented development at VTA transit facilities.
- Real Estate Portfolio offers insight in to VTA properties that are available for leasing, licensing, or joint development.
For further inquiries, please contact VTA's Real Estate & Joint Development Department at (408) 321-5777 or email@example.com.