Using a VTA Ticket Vending Machine (TVM)
Machines accept cash, coins,day pass tokens, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Debit card. TVMs dispense single-ride tickets, day passes, 8 hour excursion passes and can load value on Clipper Cards.
Hold on to your ticket or pass and be prepared to show them to a Fare Enforcement Officer.
Using a TVM is as simple as 1-2 3!
- Select purchase:
Single-ride*, day pass, 8 hour excursion or Clipper purchase
- Insert payment. TVMs will accept coins, $1, $5, $10, $20 bills, day pass tokens and Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Debit card
- Collect your ticket and change.(and receipt for credit/debit transactions)
* A single-ride ticket purchased from a TVM is valid for light rail only.
* Single-ride tickets and Day Passes are valid only on the date of purchase.
* To buy a Day Pass using a VTA token, simply press "pass with token" and the coin slot will open. The TVM will recognize the token, a day pass will be dispensed.
* TVM's are not Clipper readers, so riders must still tag their Clipper card before boarding a light rail vehicle.