EZfare Mobile Ticketing
The Bay Area’s regional transit fare, payment the Clipper Card mobile app, is replacing VTA’s EZFare app. Transit riders are encouraged to download the Clipper Card mobile app available now for download at the Apple Store.
Effective 07/15/2021, purchased tickets must be used by December 31, 2021 or else it will automatically expire. Unfortunately, any unused EZfare tickets may not be refunded or transferred over to the Clipper Card app.
EZfare tickets purchased on or after July 15, 2021 will expire on December 31, 2021. Unused EZfare tickets are not subject to a refund or transfer to the Clipper Card mobile app.
To remove your personal data and payment information, follow steps below. Unfortunately, accounts cannot be deleted due to Vendor requirements.
- Log into your account https://vtaezfare.transitsherpa.com/rider-web/login
- Replace all personal information (name, address, phone, email, etc.) by typing “X” instead
- Remove all payment source information
- Lastly, lock the account.
To learn more about the benefits of using the Clipper Card mobile app and a list of participating transit agencies, visit https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/pay-with-phoneby.
Use the latest software versions for iOS (11 or 12) and Android (8 or 9).
Please do not activate your passes until you are ready to use them prior to boarding.
How Does Mobile Ticketing Work?
The EZfare app is free.
Learn how to use EZfare and get some answers to frequently asked questions.
EZfare Fare Pass Options
- Adult: Single Ride Local and Day Pass, Express Single Ride Local and Express Single Ride Day Pass valid on light rail and bus.
- Senior/Disabled/Medicare (Valid ID required): Single ride or Day Pass valid on light rail, and all local and express buses.
- Youth (Valid ID required): Single ride or Day Pass valid on light rail, all local and express buses.
Depending on the types of major events, the 8-Hour Light Rail Excursion Pass and the Event Express Bus Roundtrip Pass may or may not be offered. Check the EZfare app for fare options available for purchase prior to travel.
Please Note: Free two hour transfers are available with the purchase of single ride fare on Clipper or the EZfare app. Upon purchase or activation of a Single Ride Pass, customers can transfer for FREE across VTA bus and light rail service.
Please activate your EZfare right before you board your first VTA vehicle to maximize your two-hour window of free transfers.
The purchase of Express Bus Fare is required if any part of your trip will include express bus service.
Call Customer Service at (408) 321-2300 or email email@example.com for EZfare-related questions.
PER VTA BOARD APPROVED FARE POLICY: NO REFUNDS SHALL BE MADE FOR PURCHASED PASSES. LOST OR STOLEN DAY PASSES OR MONTHLY PASSES SHALL NOT BE REPLACED.