Using a VTA Ticket Vending Machine (TVM)
You may use a VTA Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) to do the following:
- Purchase an Adult Clipper card at a TVM for $3 at select light rail platforms.
- Load Clipper e-cash value, VTA Monthly Pass, or other transit agency passes.
- Purchase a 2-Hour Single Ride Pass*
- Purchase a an 8-Hour Excursion Pass*
- Redeem a VTA Token for a Day Pass.
*Valid on light rail only.
VTA operates on a proof-of-payment system. Please present your valid ticket when requested by a Fare Enforcement Officer.
Using a TVM:
- Select one of the following options on the screen:
- "2-Hour Single Ride" - a Single Ride ticket purchased from a TVM is valid for light rail only and is valid for two hours starting from the time and date of purchase.
- "8-Hour Excursion Pass" - an Excursion Pass purchased from a TVM is valid on light rail only and is valid for eight hours starting from the time and date of purchase.
- "Buy an Adult Clipper Card" - New! Customers may purchase a Clipper card for $3 and load Clipper cash value or passes in one transaction.
- "Add Value to my Clipper Card"
- "Use Tokens" - place a VTA Token into the coin slot to exchange for a Day Pass.
- Insert payment. TVMs accept coins, $1, $5, $10, $20 bills, day pass tokens, and credit and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express).
- Collect your ticket, Clipper card, change, and/or receipt for credit/debit transactions.
Note: TVM's are not Clipper readers, so riders must still tag their Clipper card before boarding a light rail vehicle.
Temporary Bus Stop Closure: for lines 104 1/17 - 2/8
Temporary Bus Stop Closure: for lines 22 & 23 1/22 - 1/25
Light Rail Station Closures in Milpitas, 1/18-1/22: Bus bridge between I-880 Station and Hostetter Station
Reroute of Downtown San Jose Lines: due to Women's March 1/19