State Route 237 Express Lanes Project
State Route (SR) 237 in Santa Clara County connects I-880 and I-680 with US 101 and SR 85, providing an east and west connection between the East Bay Area and the Peninsula. SR 237 connects commuters to technology and professional service industries in Santa Clara.
In March of 2012, VTA began operation of Santa Clara County’s first express lanes on the SR 237/I-880 corridor. The express lanes along the SR 237 and I-880 corridor in Santa Clara County begin just south of Dixon Landing Road on I-880 and North First Street on SR 237.
The SR 237 Express Lanes Project is divided into two phases:
- The first phase is what we have in operation today: The express lanes and interchange ramps from Dixon Landing Road to N. 1st Street.
- Phase 2 will extend the 237 express lanes from N. 1st Street to Mathilda Avenue in Sunnyvale, in both directions.
Using Express LanesInterested in learning more about using VTA's Express Lanes on State Route 237? Visit our Using Express Lanes, How FasTrak Works and Using Express Lanes FAQ pages.
- June 2015: Completed project approval and environmental document
- August 2017: Completed final design
- March 2018: Start construction
- Fall 2019: Open express lanes for service
Construction UpdatesFind the latest construction updates including lane closures on our construction updates page.
VTA Community Outreach
Phone: (408) 321-7575
TTY Only: (408) 321-2330