US 101/Zanker Road Interchange
The project will construct a new interchange connecting Zanker Road and Old Bayshore Highway with North 4th Street and Skyport Drive on US 101 in San Jose.
ObjectivesThe purpose of this project is to:
- Improve access to the freeway.
- Enhance access to the Mineta San Jose International Airport from US 101.
- Improve the connection between portions of north and central San Jose that are separated by US 101.
Project FeaturesProposed improvements include:
- Constructing a new interchange and overcrossing bridge across US 101 to connect Zanker Road and Old Bayshore Highway with North 4th Street and Skyport Drive.
- Modifying existing on- and off-ramps at North 1st Street/E. Brokaw, North 4th Street and Old Bayshore Highway.
- Modifying existing local street intersections in the area.
- Constructing retaining walls as needed.
The cost of the project is estimated between $85 and $125 million.
|Alternative Study and Preliminary Engineering||2016 - 2017|
|Environmental Studies||2017 - 2018|
|Design and Engineering||2019 - 2020|
Fact SheetsEnglish | Spanish | Vietnamese | Chinese | Korean | Tagalog
Additional DocumentsUS 101 Implementation Plan Report
VTA Community Outreach
Phone: (408) 321-7575
TTY Only: (408) 321-2330