US 101/Zanker Road Improvement Project
The project will construct a new bridge overcrossing connecting Zanker Road to Skyport Drive/North 4th Street at US 101 in San Jose.
ObjectivesThe purpose of this project is to:
- Improve access to the Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC).
- Provide new pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
- Enhance transportation services within the North San Jose development area.
Project FeaturesProposed improvements include:
- Constructing an overcrossing at US 101/Zanker Road/Skyport Drive/North 4th Street.
- Modifying or consolidating existing US 101 on- and off-ramps.
- Modifying existing local street connections and intersections in the area.
- Implementing Complete Street improvements.
The cost of the project is estimated between $120 and $150 million.
|Alternative Study and Preliminary Engineering||2016 - 2017|
|Environmental Studies||2017 - 2020|
|Design and Engineering||2020 - 2021|
Fact SheetsEnglish | Spanish | Vietnamese | Chinese | Korean | Tagalog
Additional DocumentsUS 101 Implementation Plan Report
VTA Community Outreach
Phone: (408) 321-7575
TTY Only: (408) 321-2330