Tamien Station transit riders and neighbors, how do you use the Tamien Station? Do you walk, ride your bike, park your car and take transit, or hop onto an employer shuttle? What will improve your use of the station, or ensure the station area feels as safe as possible and accessible to you? We invite you to take a survey to give us your opinion.
Through community meetings held from 2016- 2018, VTA received valuable community feedback regarding station accessibility. The Tamien Station Access Study is focused on further identifying recommendations and projects to improve how to get to and from the Tamien bus, light rail and Caltrain station.
In the Fall 2019, VTA held pop-up events to engage the community further about existing rider needs and desired improvements. Ideas included improvements to bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, parking, bus transit and signage.
Please tell us in the survey:
- What recommendation you like most;
- What was missed, or what else should be considered.
Providing feedback is interactive, easy, fun, and will only take a few minutes of your time. Visit one of the four VTA hosted pop-up events beginning this week:
- Wednesday, March 4, 6:30 – 8:30 a.m., Tamien Station
- Wednesday, March 4, 4 – 6:30 p.m., Tamien Station
- Saturday, March 7, 9 a.m. – Noon, at the Willow Glen Farmers Market, 1425 Lincoln Avenue
- Sunday, March 8, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., at Arteaga’s Food Center, 204 Willow Street
Short on time? Take the online survey, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VTATamien
VTA and the City of San Jose will consider recommended improvements as funding becomes available.