Keep Santa Clara Valley Beautiful is a countywide, multi-agency initiative to clean and prevent littering on the highways in Santa Clara County. Trash on the highways is hazardous to drivers, the environment, and residents.
VTA is working together with several partners to change people’s attitudes and behaviors towards throwing litter on the highways instead of in garbage cans or recycling containers.
The project includes organizing popup cleanup events in cities and towns throughout Santa Clara County, placing No Dumping enforcement signs at frequently littered locations, and forming local volunteer groups to help keep the community highways clean.
The next clean up event is Saturday, March, 19th, 2022
- Date: Saturday, March 19, 2022
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Location: I-280/North De Anza Boulevard Southbound On-ramp, Cupertino, CA
- Parking: 10690 N De Anza Blvd, Cupertino 95104
Prize drawings for volunteers! (Must be 16 years or older. Limited capacity.)
- 9:30 to 9:45: Volunteer check-in and pick-up cleaning gear
- 9:45 to 10:00: Event kick-off and safety briefing
- 10:00 to 12:00 Clean on-ramp area
- 12:00 to 12:15: Return gear, count trash, refreshments, drawing for prizes
- 12:15 to 12:30: Conclude event
Considerations for event day:
Be prepared for cooler weather conditions in the morning. Wear layers, if possible. We encourage volunteers to wear long pants, closed-toed shoes, and sun protection (i.e. hats and sunglasses).
B.Y.O.B – Bring your own (reusable) bottle. We will have water to refill those containers.
All volunteers must wear masks. (Masks will be provided should you forget to bring one).
- This event will be cancelled if rain is forecasted for the clean-up day.
- Clean-up equipment, safety vests, and snacks will be provided.