PG&E, and their contractor, Underground Construction, are beginning the next phase of underground utility relocation of gas and electric services. Additional utility owners that share the same areas, AT&T, Comcast, and Crown Castle will coordinate their activities in same area. Most of the work is occurring on Capitol Expressway, and Capitol Avenue.
Download EBRC Ongoing Activities Update
It is necessary to relocate underground utilities in advance of light rail construction activities.
The combined activities are at locations along S. Capitol Avenue beginning at Lombard Avenue, and along Capitol Expressway to Tully Road.
Detours will be provided as needed.
Activities include and are not limited to:
• Staking/marking work areas
• Installing traffic control (cones) for worker, pedestrian, and traffic safety
• Heavy construction equipment used for drilling, concrete, and pavement removal
• Trenching and installation of utilities
• Construction vehicles driving forward and in reverse with back up alarms (beeping)
• Occasional overnight work
• Intermittent/Temporary PG&E or other utility service disruptions which will be scheduled and coordinated with customers directly by the utility company
Intermittent/Temporary Bus Stop Relocation - advance notice will be provided.
• Intermittent, temporary lane or shoulder closures and detours may cause short traffic delays
• If or when a driveway will be impacted, there will be advance coordination with the property or businesses owner.
Flaggers will assist pedestrian through or re-route pedestrians as necessary.
• Intermittent, temporary lane or shoulder closures and detours