Contractors will be undertaking extensive soil testing and trenching in one parking lot at Diridon Station to help prepare for VTA's BART Silicon Valley Phase II Project.
Note: Major construction is expected to begin in late 2022.
Parking lot between Santa Clara, Montgomery, and Cahill Streets.
No on-street activities or detours anticipated.
July 12 – August 16, 2021
Construction timelines subject to change.
7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
No weekend work anticipated.
What to Expect
- Underground explorations / trenching to assess soil conditions
- Saw cutting, excavation, and pavement restoration
- Restoration work (e.g. patching holes and pavement) upon work completion
- Temporary parking loss
- Minor dust, noise, and vibration during work hours
- Heavy machinery on site: excavators, pickup trucks, asphalt paving machines, dump trucks