The “Daycation” program is designed to help older adults learn to navigate the bus and light rail system. The Daycation provides travel training to small groups so participants become comfortable enough to use the VTA bus and Light Rail service for their travel needs. VTA works with senior organizations to host a “Daycation” for their participants and hosts a Daycation bimonthly for older adults not connected to an organization.
The program has two main components:
- A training session in which we teach participants how to use VTA service.
- An escorted trip in which we use the bus and or light rail to and from a local destination such as a museum, mall or restaurant.
Features & Benefits
A free round trip to the destination of the group’s choice within VTA’s service area using in service bus and/or light rail.
Sign up for a senior clipper card and get fares half price!
Guidance from an expert VTA representative about how to use VTA service including fare options, safety tips and trip planning.
- Travel groups must be between 5 and 10 participants and able to fit on one regular service bus
- Trip request must be received at least three weeks in advance and scheduled between Tuesday and Friday during normal business hours
- All participants must be able to use VTA bus and light rail service, including being able to travel to/from bus stops, board bus/light rail, use fare box, etc.
- Participants must provide their name, address and/or email for a follow up survey
Host a Daycation
Call 408-321-2300/TTY 408-321-2330
Register for a Daycation
- 2024 dates to be determined.