VTA invites Santa Clara County residents to apply for the Committee for Transportation Mobility and Accessibility (CTMA) through this open and competitive online application process.
The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority formed the Committee for Transportation Mobility and Accessibility (CTMA) to facilitate communications and receive input from interested individuals with disabilities and from human service agencies.
The CTMA advises the VTA Board of Directors on transportation mobility and accessibility issues for senior citizens and persons with disabilities, paratransit services, accessibility to VTA transit services, and VTA's efforts to fully comply with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The Committee is composed of 17 members.
- Regular meetings of the Committee are held every other month.
- Committee members should be prepared to devote approximately four to eight (4 – 8) hours per month to Committee activities.
- The Committee does not have independent duties or authority to take action that binds the VTA Board of Directors.
CTMA members advise the Board on:
- Transportation, mobility, and accessibility issues for senior citizens and persons with disabilities
- Paratransit services
- Accessibility to VTA transit services
- And the agency's efforts to fully comply with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CTMA Members include seniors/persons with disabilities, representatives of community service organizations within the county, a representative from VTA's paratransit provider and the Board of Directors.
“Serving on the CTMA has given me the best chance to make the greatest changes and to ensure that all VTA buses and paratransit services are fully accessible and user friendly for all! Transit is for everyone, that is why I serve on the CTMA Committee,” said Christine Fitzgerald, Community Advocate Silicon Valley Independent Living Center.
The Committee generally meets every other month on the second Thursday of the month. For now, meetings are conducted virtually.
Requirements for VTA'S Advisory Committees:
VTA’s advisory committee members must be 18 years of age or older and must reside in Santa Clara County. A background in transportation and/or relevant experience is preferred but not necessary.
With your help, our board can make informed decisions to strengthen the economy, combat climate change, and ensure the well-being of our community, all while providing the essential services thousands of Santa Clara Valley residents and workers depend on.
Can we count you in?
Upon receipt of applications, VTA staff will contact eligible applicants to schedule interviews. To learn more about VTA's advisory committees, visit: https://www.vta.org/about/board-and-committees#accordion-advisory-committees. You can also contact the VTA Board Office at email@example.com or call (408) 321-5680.