Contractors will be conducting subsurface explorations around the future Diridon Station.
The work will take place on White St and Barack Obama Blvd close to W Santa Clara St.
- Work is planned for Mon Jan. 22 – Mon Feb. 5
- General working hours will be 9:00AM-3:30 PM. No weekend work is planned.
* Please note that timelines for construction activity have some inherent uncertainty and may change depending on field conditions and/or inclement weather.
What to Expect
- Before the field work occurs, the locations identified in the map will be marked for utility clearance.
- Afterwards, contractors will pothole exploration locations to verify that utilities are not present. Potholes will be backfilled and sealed with a temporary surface patch.
- Cone Penetration Testing will be subsequently performed, and then the pavement surface restored.
- This work activity does not typically generate dust.
Necessary to help prepare for VTA’s BART Silicon Valley Phase II Project.