As part of our ongoing effort to provide optimal service to the riding public, VTA makes adjustments quarterly to bus and light rail schedules to align with local and regional transit services better. On Aug. 10, VTA will increase levels of service and frequency in anticipation of more people returning to work and school.
With enhanced cleaning and other safety precautions in effect due to the pandemic, VTA remains dedicated to providing transit you can trust and rely on.
While VTA is still running modified service due to COVID-19, many previously suspended routes will be restored. Most routes will have improved frequency or span of service on weekdays. Please note that schedules for all routes will change on August 10. Below are noteworthy route changes:
- Route 21 – Will operate the entire route to and from Santa Clara on weekdays.
- Route 26 – Regular weekday service to West Valley College will resume.
- Route 40 – Regular weekday and Saturday service to Foothill College will resume.
- Routes 51/51H – Regular weekday service will resume to Truman & Bryant and Route 51H will resume operation. Service will no longer be provided at the stop at Bryant & Ivan near Alta Vista High School.
- Route 55 – Regular weekday routing of northbound afternoon buses at Fremont High School will resume.
- Routes 57 & 59 – Regular weekday and Saturday service to Mission College will resume.
- Express 121 – Service will resume at a later date (to be determined by the sponsors of this route).
- Rapid 523 – Weekend service will be discontinued.
Check vta.org/servicechange or use the Transit app to get the latest information. (Unfortunately, printed schedules are not available.) If you have questions, email email@example.com or call (408) 321-2300 [TTY (408) 321-2330]