VTA’s BART Diridon Station will be located adjacent to the south side of West Santa Clara Street, between Autumn Street and the San José Diridon Caltrain Station.
This station would consist of a below-ground concourse and boarding platform. Street-level pedestrian connections will be provided to the Diridon Caltrain Station and VTA’s Diridon Light Rail Station. This station will also include bicycle facilities. The station area will be integrated with mixed use development, creating a transit oriented community.
In addition to future BART service, the station serves passengers with a wide array of transit options, including Caltrain, ACE, Capital Corridor, Amtrak, bus, and light rail. With future electrified Caltrain and High Speed Rail service planned, Diridon Station is being considered the “Grand Central Station of the West”.
The Diridon Station area is poised to be the next dense residential and employment center of central San José and is home to both the San José Sharks and other entertainment offerings at the SAP Center. To the west of the station, The Alameda’s tree-lined sidewalks welcome pedestrians to shops and restaurants.
A separate planning effort is underway, in partnership with the City of San José, Caltrain, California High Speed Rail and VTA to ensure that Diridon Station is designed to handle the volume of traffic that is anticipated in the coming decades. For more information on the Diridon Station Integrated Concept Plan effort, please visit diridonsj.org.
Diridon Station at a Glance
• 9,600 daily passengers projected in 2035
• Below-ground concourse and boarding platform
• Pedestrian connections would be provided to the existing San José Diridon Station with access to commuter/ intercity rail, light rail, buses, and the proposed High Speed Rail
• Passenger drop-off facilities provided
• Includes a bus transit center
• Proposed Transit-Oriented Community site, which is walkable, mixed use development that is located close to transit