VTA’s Business Diversity Programs include the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program for federally funded projects; the Small Business Enterprise (SBE) program for state funded projects; and the Minority Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE), Disabled Veterans Business Enterprise (DVBE) and the Lesbian, Gay Bisexual and Transgender Business Enterprise (LGBT) programs for locally funded projects.
Through these diversity programs VTA assists certified businesses seeking construction, purchasing and professional services contracts.
To view any of our events, see our Quarterly Newsletters below.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
It is the policy of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority to ensure that Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) as defined in federal regulations at 49 CFR part 26 have the opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts and subcontracts financed with federal funds.
- DBE Booklet
- DBE Policy
- Apply for certification as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) with VTA (online)
- Search for DBEs
- DBE Certification FAQs
- Roster of DBE Certifying Agencies
- 49 CFR Part 26 (hosted by the U.S. Government Publishing Office)
Assistance in Filling out a DBE Application
- Norcal PTAC helps with bids, proposals, workshops and webinars.
- DBE certification webinar, presented by the certifying agency members of the California Unified Certification Program (CUCP)
Small Business Enterprise Program
It is the policy of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority to ensure that Small Business Enterprises (SBEs) as defined in federal regulations at 13 CFR part 121 have the opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts and subcontracts financed with state/local funds.
- Small Business Enterprise Program Policy/Plan
- Small Business Enterprise Booklet
- Apply for certification as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with VTA (online)
- Table of Small Business Size Standards, to determine if your business meets small business standards
Search for SBEs
Minority, Women, Disabled Veterans and LGBT Business Enterprise Program
VTA adopted the Business Diversity Program to increase participation of minority, women, disabled veterans and LGBT businesses in locally funded contracts and subcontracts and to ensure that these businesses are afforded an equitable opportunity to compete in public contracting. It is the policy of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority to have non-discrimination in contracting.
- Upcoming Contracts as of May 12, 2021
- Register as a vendor at VTA
- B2Gnow - SBE and DBE Online Utilization Reporting
- Helpful Tips for DBE, SBE and MWBE firms
- US Small Business Administration
- List of Minority Banks
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code search
- For a list of Community Based Organizations VTA works with, please contact Office of Business Diversity Programs at (408) 321-5962 or email@example.com for more information.
2021 Upcoming Projects Webinar
Small and Disadvantaged Enterprise Compliance Reporting System
Complete an online application, manage your certifications and monitor changes to your profile.