Electronic-Only Documents and Applications
During the COVID-19 public health emergency, VTA’s Office of Business Diversity Programs is partially sheltering at home. We are in the office Mondays and Wednesdays and monitor our phones other times.
The most efficient way to reach the VTA Office of Business Diversity Programs is to email email@example.com, which is monitored Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. All documents/applications must be sent electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call us at (408) 321-5962.
VTA’s Business Diversity Programs include the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program for federally funded projects, the Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program for state funded projects and the Minority, Women, Disabled Veterans and LGBT Business Enterprise Programs for locally funded projects.
Through these diversity programs VTA assists certified businesses seeking construction, purchasing and professional services contracts.
VTA manages the Regional Business Diversity Programs in partnership the County of Santa Clara to create a level of playing field on which minority-, women-, disabled veteran-, and LGBT-owned businesses can fairly compete for contracting opportunities in Santa Clara County region. The regional programs assist certified businesses seeking construction, purchasing and professional services contracts.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
It is the policy of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority to ensure that Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) as defined in federal regulations at 49 CFR part 26 have the opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts and subcontracts financed with federal funds.
- DBE Booklet
- DBE Policy
- DBE application form
- Search for DBEs
- DBE Certification FAQs
- Roster of DBE Certifying Agencies
- 49 CFR Part 26 (hosted by the U.S. Government Publishing Office)
Assistance in Filling out a DBE Application
Norcal PTAC helps with bids, proposals, workshops and webinars.
Small Business Enterprise Program
It is the policy of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority to ensure that Small Business Enterprises (SBEs) as defined in federal regulations at 13 CFR part 121 have the opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts and subcontracts financed with state/local funds.
- Small Business Enterprise Program Policy/Plan
- Small Business Enterprise Booklet
- Apply for certification as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with VTA
- Table of Small Business Size Standards, to determine if your business meets small business standards
Search for SBEs
VTA has reciprocity with Department of General Services. Search the Department of General Services' SB/DVBE database, or search the VTA database below:
Minority, Women, Disabled Veterans and LGBT Business Enterprise Program
VTA adopted the Business Diversity Program to increase participation of minority, women, disabled veterans and LGBT businesses in locally funded contracts and subcontracts and to ensure that these businesses are afforded an equitable opportunity to compete in public contracting. It is the policy of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority to have non-discrimination in contracting.
- Register as a vendor at VTA
- B2Gnow - SBE and DBE Online Utilization Reporting
- Helpful Tips for DBE, SBE and MWBE firms
- US Small Business Administration
- List of Minority Banks
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code search
- For a list of Community Based Organizations VTA works with, please contact Office of Business Diversity Programs at (408) 321-5962 or email@example.com for more information.